Theo Kalomirak is is considered the world’s premiere designer of private theaters. His award-winning home theater interiors reflect his thorough understanding of home theater design and the skillful incorporation of technology in it. Career highlights during the last 25 years include:
- Over 600 private theaters designed for entertainment luminaries, business leaders, heads of States and sports celebrities in four continents.
- Amenity theaters for residential buildings designed by star architects such as Herzog de Meuron, Caesar Pelli and Robert Stern
- Private theaters for residences designed by interior designers such as Phillip Stark, Peter Marino, Juan Pablo Molineux, Thom Filicia, etc.
- The Theo Kalomirakis for Walt Disney Signature furniture collection
- Custom designs for IMAX Private Theatres in China, India, the UAE and the US
- Featured articles about his work in international publications including Architectural Digest editions in the US, Russia, Italy and Germany, Robb Report, Elle Décor, House and Garden, etc.
- TV appearances in HGTV’s Multi-Million Dollar Homes, the Discovery Channel’s Home theater revolution, Entertainment Tonight, Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous, etc.
- Ten CEDIA awards for Best Home Theater Design
- CEDIA’s prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award
- Two best-selling coffee table books featuring his work published by Harry Abrams, “Theo Kalomirakis’ Private Theaters,” and “Great Escapes”